Saturday, June 30, 2007

Like you were right there with me!







I'm back! Although I don't know if I really need the explanation point on that one, I can't decide how excited I actually am to be home. I love Summer vacations, and now we are home from our main one, so I guess I need to plan something to look forward to! Anyway we've been in Florida and Utah for the last two weeks. Here's a quick recap. First we drove to Utah where both my parents and Travis' parents and some of our siblings live. We spent a few days there with everyone, and then left our kids with my parents while Travis and I flew to Hollywood Beach, Florida. We went to his company's annual convention. They put us up in a gorgeous hotel, and let us eat and play on them for four days. We had a great time, I must say it's nice to get a break from the kids and play with adults for once. My Mom made a dress for me for the awards banquet, so I had to add a pic where you could see the dress. Thanks Mom! We were glad my mom and dad could watch the kids, and had a good time getting to know their Grandparents.

We happened to be in Utah on a very special day for my mom, after living in the U.S. for some 40 plus years she decided to make herself official and become a U.S. citizen (she's from Canada). It was actually a really neat ceremony to attend, and made you truly grateful and proud to be an American. I feel like we had an early 4th of July celebration that day. We had a family barbecue and celebrated our mom the American. Congratulations Mom!






Now we're back in sunny, hot AZ, I think I'm going to have to plan another trip somewhere cooler! Katie? Oh and a note on the spray tan, we got them done before we went to Florida, I'd highly recommend them. My sister-in-law's neighbor is a beautician who does everything under the sun including spray tans, so we tried it out. It worked awesome, but with being in the water as much as we were it only lasted about 4 days. We joked that we were the only ones who came to Florida more tan than we left, but we had fun all the same!

For my vacation reads I had two books by BYU grads: The Icing On the Cake by Elodia Strain, very funny and cute quick read at the church bookstore. And then I read Twilight by Stephenie Meyer, who knew I was so into teenage vampires! I couldn't put it down and have had vampires on the brain ever since. I need to go pick up New Moon ASAP!

12 comments:

Becky said...

Can Honeywell send me to Florida with you? And waht a patriotic celbration spread! Love the flowers and the flag cake.
Do tell who Austin brought to dinner.

Becky said...

Oh! And I just bought New Moon. Figure I better get caught up if I'm going to meet Steph at the Eclipse party. You can borrow, of course :)

Liz said...

Nancy you look amazing in your cute brown dress and blonde curly hair. Hot mama! Looks like a fun trip! Sad we are going to miss you in Utah. Congrats to your Mom!! I just finished New Moon. So good, but not like the obsession I had with Twilight. But go get it or borrow it from Becky. The libraries here had them all checked out for the next month! Good luck. I am going to look for Icing on the Cake to read next! Thanks. Oh, I am glad you did the spray tan. It looked great on you! So natural!

Laura said...

You look amazing Nancy, so sassy!! Congrats to your Mom that is such a special thing to do. Florida looked amazing, but I am sure it was HOT!!!! So, are these teenage vampire books really that great? Do I need to get it? Did you go see Evening? I don't think I will have a chance to gp out by myself until we move. So glad you are back to blogging. I have missed you. I was so sad to check everyday and there was nothing new!

Courtney said...

I am very envious of a trip with no kids! It looks like you had a great time!

My cousin saw evening and liked it so we will have to do a GNO

Who is the girl with Austin?

Angela said...

I think the girl with Austin deserves her very own posting! Don't get too excited everyone, it was a first date. But there's a good story behind it. Maybe Nancy could have Austin do a guest post.

Shauna Brown said...

I have no idea where my comment went because it was a good one!! I guess I will have to start over! First off, words can not describe how incredibly HOT you look in that fabulous dress! Excuse me Mom Versace! I can't believe she made that. It looks unreal on you! Second, I heart Edward!! I loved Twilight and actually like New moon even better! Read on!

Emily said...

Please do share the story of the first date.
I'm glad you had fun, Nancy. I need to go to Arrowhead today. Maybe we'll stop by and say hi.
Becky, what Eclipse party are you going to? Have you talked to Stephenie lately?
Nancy or Angela, when you make chocolate popcorn, where do you get the white chocolate and paraffin?

Angela said...

Emily-
You can just use white chocolate chips, and paraffin is usually on the baking isle with the canning stuff. Or you can make your life even easier and use white almond bark, which is also on the baking isle (if they have it).

Nancy said...

Emily, I say forget about the parafin and real chocolate, use almond bark, it's easier and works great and tastes just as good.

pam said...

Emily,
I also say, forget the real white chocolate and parafin, and use the white almond bark. It is much easier and really just as good. Thanks, Nancy, enjoyed the blog. Miss you. Love, Mom

Adrienne said...

Nancy what a fun trip! You look so stunning in that dress! I am so glad that you were able to get away with Travis and the AZ heat!! If there is anything stronger then the spray tan that is what I need :)