Saturday, May 19, 2007

What I'm loving


So I went to the dermatologist the other day. I don't know if I've mentioned, but I'm having a mid life acne crisis. When I was there I talked to an aestetician who recommended that I start using Mineral based makeup. Well, if the "doctor" orders you to get new makeup, you have to right? So I headed straight to Ulta after the visit and purchased the Bare Minerals starter kit ($60). A bit pricey, for me, I'm a grocery store make-up kind of gal, Cover Girl, the like. But maybe that was my main problem. My skin seems to have cleared up pretty well with my new products. And I'm love, loving the new makeup. The cool thing about the starter kit is that it comes with a whole "how-to" DVD. So after about an hour of watching other ladies get pretty I decided to give it a try, and I really, really am enjoying my new make-up routing, and I think it works really well. I could do an infomercial for them, really I would.

On to my next subject. Did anyone see Michael Buble on Oprah the other day? I love that man, his music is so great, so I decided to see when he was next coming to Phoenix. Sadly he's here on a Sunday. I was so bummed. Also I can't believe how expensive his tickets are even if he wasn't here on a Sunday. The cheapest ones I saw were upwards of $150 each and went up to about $400. So I guess I wouldn't be able to go anyway. He's playing in SLC on a Tuesday, but I don't think I could convince Travis that we needed to take a trip to see Michael Buble. I don't think he's feeling him quite the way I do.

Speaking of Oprah, my friend's friend who loves Sarah Jessica Parker (who was Friday's guest) wrote in because they were calling for SJP fans to come in for the episode. She got called back a number of times, and when they chose another fan for the episode they still gave her two tickets to come to the show (she had to pay for the plane ticket and hotel) but I thought it was cool to see that maybe if you wrote in you might actually get called in. Maybe I should write in about how much I like Michael Buble. And by the way I was loving the clothes from Sarah Jessica's new line, but where the heck are Stephen and Barry's stores? I'm thinking they are only back east or something. Maybe we need to take a girl's trip. Someone write in and get us tickets to Oprah and then a shopping spree at Stephen and Barry's.

And once again I am left a little happily frusterated with the Office season finale. They keep leaving me thinking that Pam and Jim are going to get together, and then dash my hopes all season. I think they are doing it on purpose. I'm not so sure about Jim's new hairdo though, I kind of liked it the way it was before. I'm glad to see he's coming out in a new romantic comedy this summer, looks kind of cute with Mandy Moore. Should be fun!

7 comments:

YASIN said...

http://yasinearth.blogspot.com/

Jennifer said...

I love Bare Minerals! I go back and forth between that and Benefit. I get bored easily! :)

Becky said...

Hoorah for clearn, radiant skin! You would have much better luck convincing me to drive to SLC to see Michael than Travis. I am an easy sell on that one. I love that guys music.

Stephanie said...

You are getting my first official comment! About the makeup...I was at Sephora yesterday and saw that. I have been using mineral powder for a couple years and love it, but I use a brand called TRUE. Mostly because Meg can get it discounted at her work! About the SJP line, someone in my ward told me that there is a store somewhere here. We should look it up and and check it out!

Liz said...

I have never heard of this mineral makeup. Maybe I should check it out. Also I think you should start writing Oprah about getting us tickets to come to her show next year. That would be a great way to celebrate our 30th's. Sorry I don't watch the office, but I am frusterated with the finale of Grey's Anatomy! Anyone else?

Shauna Brown said...

My Mom LOVES that make-up and has suggested it to me! I guess I should give it a try. I'm not a real make-up girl myself. I agree on your Jim comment- hate his hair! How great did he look in a hat on the last episode- loved it! Jim and Pam, what will happen??

Adrienne said...

Nancy are we the same person? Ok I love that make up and Michael Buble is my favorite and I am obsessed and still processing the Office Fianle. Jared and I looked into going to one of Micheal's shows as well but since we didn't want to take a loan we passed (what is up with concert prices!) I have 2 of his CDs and really want his new one...maybe a trip to Target is in order here. As for the office I was SO happy with the ending. They are totally dating...or they better be - this season was painful. Pam's expression at the end was priceless - I was jumping up and down screaming...yes I am a loser...how will I make it through the summer?