Monday, May 14, 2007

I love my crazy life





We had a crazy busy weekend. I think the older my kids get, the more this will be the norm. Our anniversary was really a week ago Saturday, but since I was out of town we celebrated it on Friday night. I got a great recommendation from Courtney for a fun little Italian restaurant. I've always heard of this place and wanted to go, but never knew the details so I'm glad Court filled them in for me. We went to an Italian restaurant at a resort in Scottsdale where we had fabulous food and got to go on a romantic gondola ride complete with a serenading Gondolier. Actually I don't know what he's officially called, but that sounds good. Basically he's wearing a black and white striped shirt, a red scarf, a black hat of some sort, and sings romantic Italian songs. It was very fun. The only way it could have been better was if we were staying at the resort, maybe we'll look into that for a summer retreat.

Then Saturday was filled with kid stuff. Dallas had a T-ball game Saturday morning. Man was it hot. I'm not looking forward to it getting any hotter here, but I know it will. I need to come up with some good indoor play things for my kids, I'm worried they are going to start getting bored now that school and activities are coming to an end. Then Saturday night Hallie had her dance recital. It was really cute. There are a bunch of three year old girls up on stage basically making up their own dance as they go along because they are too excited to remember what the teacher taught them. It was fun, and we took the kids on a "family date" after. They get a little upset when they aren't invited on Mom and Dad's dates. I think we'll have to do a lot of family dates this summer.

Sunday, Mother's day was a lot of fun. Travis and Dallas made me breakfast in bed (a little random stuff, but I appreciated it all the same). Hallie, my teenager, was too tired to help, but I don't blame her. 6:30 a.m. is a little early for breakfast with 9:00 church. Then after a nice nap Trav and the kids made a nice steak dinner. A lovely time was had by all, and now we are back to life as usual for the week with Dallas' school play this morning. He played the role of "noodles" in Stone Soup. Don't you love preschool?

10 comments:

Mandy said...

I hope Hallie slept in pink foam curlers the night before her recital. Sounds fun!

Becky said...

Yes, Hallie's hair is adorable! Wish I could have seen my niece boogie. And just cherish pre-school. It is the perfect age of innocense! I love it.

Nancy said...

No rollers here Mand, hot curling iron and lots of good hairspray. I was thinking Shirley Temple, and sure enough here in the land of Sun City I got some old people commenting that she was a perfect Shirley Temple!

Angela said...

She does look like Shirley Temple. And I went to that resort in Scotsdale on a date in high school. It was a little weird thought, because it was a first date, and a double date. Fun, but a little too romantic for a first/double date. I'm glad you got to do it with someone you felt romantic about.

Shauna Brown said...

By the way, I think smelt is a word! Anyways, Hallie kills me. I love that she is so girlie girlie. Sorry, but 6:30am is early. Happy Anniversary and I'm glad you had such a great time.

Angela said...

p.s. In related news, I randomly ran into the boy I went on that date with on campus today. I said hi, but I don't think he recognized me.

Adrienne said...

Hallie's hair is adorable! I love how she slept through the breakfast prep. that just shows the best personality! I love it! Sounds like it was a great day!

Lindsey said...

Our kids love family dates also! We started out doing daddy-daughter dates and the like, but they always want to go together. Can you post pictures of the noodle after the play is done? That is the cutest idea.

Laura said...

You have the cutest kids Nancy. I love Hallie's hair! Did you use a curling iron. The only thing about Alexa having such long hair is that it is really hard to do ringlets like that. It sounds like you have a fun life. Isn't it great to be a mom, you are a great one!

Emily said...

Steve and I tried to get into that restaurant last year on our anniversary, but we didn't have a reservation. I also went to the Gainey Ranch Hyatt on many a date in high school. That was a favorite destination. Funny, though, that I have never done the boat ride.