Thursday, April 5, 2007

Wildest Dreams


Okay so what are your wildest dreams? I've asked Travis this before and he laughs at me and doesn't really answer. I'll get it out of him someday. I don't have wild dreams per se and have never thought of myself as a wild person, so that is probably why my dreams aren't wild. But I do have dreams. Mostly I dream about things like having the house of my dreams, with a big red barn on some land. But I don't want animals for my barn, no none, but in the barn I'd like to have a large studio for myself, and a huge play area for my kids. (Think like the play area in Ikea). You know where all their friends will want to hang out and where I'll throw all my fun parties because in my dreams of course everyone wants to come to Nancy's parties, because they are the best. This is a picture I took out of a magazine because I thought this is the world's best bathroom for kids, how fun, and how cute and clever. I love, love this sink. You might not be able to tell from my bad picture, but it's a trough type huge sink, can't you just picture all your kids brushing their teeth at once? I would have liked a bathroom like this growing up. I really have a folder that is filled with stuff I've pulled out of magazines that I am hoping to someday implement into my dream home. Ahh...someday. And now back to my original question, what are your wildest dreams?

8 comments:

kelli said...

Opening an amazing bed and breakfast called Pause in a tropical 2nd (or 3rd) world country. And donating some of the proceeds to an NGO focused on educating impoverished women (that I also found). Well, either that or winning the Amazing Race.

Mandy said...

Funny thing. I showed Erich that sink and told him if we ever build a house our kids are getting it as well. I think it is the best. Erich told me I need to find it first though. So Nancy, have you figured out where we can buy it?

My wildest dreams. . .to one day live close by my sister so we can sit around on the front porch and watch our kids play while we talk, laugh, and digital scrapbook on our laptops!

Anonymous said...

I just have to say that I can totally picture Mandy and Courtney sitting on the porch, digital scrapbooking on their laptops.
My wildest dreams involve travling the world. I have this goal to visit every continent at least once (and yes, I include Antartica in that list).
And I think maybe Travis' wildest dreams involve World of Warcraft...or Starwars...

Emily said...

Who is your anonymous commenter who wants to visit Antarctica? I am intrigued. . .

LAURA said...

Hey Nancy...this is the other Laura! Can I steal your dreams?! Love love love that sink. And I would love a huge ikea playroom for my children.

My dream is to live on a large lot with a lake (think of the house in The Notebook), with perfect 70 degree weather, with no bugs or insects (and a Trader Joe's and Costco down the road). And a trough sink.

Courtney said...

Mandy and I have discussed this sink in great detail. It really is so perfect for kids.


I'll ditto Mandy's dream. It reminds me of the days we were next door neighbors at our parents and we'd meet in the cul de sac every night when the temp dropped below 100 and watch the kids play - fun times!

Shauna Brown said...

My wildest dream. . . sail around the world on a yacht. I would LOVE it and then when I was done, go back to my cottage on the beach! You can visit for sure!

Nancy said...

Mandy, what happened to us living next door with an underground tunnel in between? I see I'm going down in my best friend status, family first, whatever! And I have no idea who anonymous is, if you'd like to show yourself, I'd be interested, and hi to Laura!