Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Let's Go Fly A Kite





It really feels like summer here already. It seems like I was just worrying about the kids not having enough pants, and now we're pulling out the shorts and t-shirts. On Saturday we decided it was a good day to fly kites. Trav had been telling the kids we could do it for a little while now, so we headed to the park with our new kites. I was surprised how well they worked, and how much fun the kids had, but have to say it was a bit hot, I'm so not ready for that!





I finished my bag for Laura, she asked a long time ago about one, and it took me way too long to get around to it! (Next time Laura just tell me you need it right away, I do better with deadlines!) Anyway it turned out cute, and I hope she likes it.




Lastly I'm posting a picture of my new primary lifesaver, CTR Beans. I made this for my primary class out of a little frustration. It's really hard to keep the attention of four-year-olds beyond 2 minutes, so I've turned to bribery. They don't get more than like five each per class time, but they totally work to get their attention and to get them to answer questions. Plus when they get too noisy I just shake the bottle to get them to pay attention to me, if only this worked so well at home!

7 comments:

Nancy said...

I'm having a hard time moving my pictures around without screwing up some of the wording, does anyone have help for me?

Laura said...

I don't have much advice about your pictures, but I love, love, love the bag. I can't wait to get it. You are so talented!!! I know all of my friends will think it is awesome! Thanks Nanc. Great idea with the jelly beans. Love it almost as much as CTR Bear.

Jennifer said...

Sorry I can't help you out with Blogger. But, the kite flying looks sooo fun! And I really wish I would have had something like the CTR Beans when I was teaching that class. GREAT idea!

Emily said...

Play around with the size of your picutre and the location. I usually choose Large and Center, and the wording never goes on the side like that.

We need to get together soon!

Courtney said...

I love the CTR beans. I showed it to Jeff and he thought it would be good for his class.

Shauna Brown said...

I'm dying over that diaper bag- too cute!! Love the pics of flying the kites- so fun!

Adrienne said...

The CTR beans are just plain brilliant - I am playing that in my mental primary file!