Saturday, March 3, 2007

Saturday Sewing






Trav had to go into work this morning, so I thought I'd get a little sewing done. My sister-in-law, Janell, is having a baby boy any day now, so this is what I came up with for her. I don't even know if Janell likes surf boards or not, but I do and thought this fabric was so cute. It's way more fun to sew something when I really love the fabric. I hope she likes it too. It's really very simple actually. It's just a blanket, so no quilting involved, just a few appliques on the bottom of the blanket, and on the burp cloth. I saw burp cloths like this on flickr and thought it was such a cute idea. It doubles as a burp cloth and binki holder. You just stick the binki in the loop at the top. I hope she likes it.

The apron is one that my mom made while she was here. It was meant as a gift, but it's too cute, and so I'm keeping it. I have a hard time giving stuff away that I love, and this is a good example of that! Guess I'll have to hostess a party soon, with my new hostess apron. Maybe Easter? Anyway too cute, thanks Mom!

5 comments:

Shauna Brown said...

Too cute!! Love the surfboards and of course the apron. I die over polka-dots! Can't wait to see you- it was so fun talking to you the other day!

Lori said...

I've been dying over that chicken fabric since I saw it at my local JoAnn. What a great way to use it.

Lindsey said...

Very cute, Nancy! You're going to have to teach me how to appliqué.

Adrienne said...

That apron is so cute that I wouldn't give it away either!!!!

love.boxes said...

I love the chicken apron!!!