Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Random Ramblings


Can I just tell you how excited I am that the New Super Target by me just opened? We had to go yesterday and today, just to look around and see what we could see. I love Target, and Super Target is even better, more super if you will. My favorite purchase so far has been my new flip-flops. That is all I wear all summer (seeing how it's going to reach 90 degrees here this week, I'm counting that as summer weather). Actually living in Arizona I wear them pretty much year round. Anyway last year I just bought the cheap flip-flops at Old Navy, but let me tell you, the cheap flip-flops at Target are even better. $2.99, now that's cheap, and they are quality flip-flops. They remind me of the ones at J.Crew, a little nicer than you usually see for so cheap, so check them out. I got the black and brown ones, the other colors aren't quite the right hues for my wardrobe, but I'm thinking these two will get me through the season.

On to my next random thought. I want to take a survey. Every time Trav and I are watching a T.V. show or movie where two people are waking up together, I cringe when they talk in each other's faces and give a good morning french kiss. Gross. No one does that, right? I think it's gross to kiss before you've brushed your teeth. Does anyone do that? Here's my survey. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe some people's love defies bad morning breath. Discuss.


Okay so Trav and I rented two DVDs of The Office this weekend. I am dying. It is so my new favorite show. How did I miss this before? I guess I watch ABC on Thursday nights, but oh how this show makes me laugh. (Mandy, remember how me and Katie used to laugh at Seinfeld that we weren't supposed to be watching up in my mom and dad's room? It's that kind of laughing.) I've seen a few episodes on TV and thought it was alright, a bit silly, but now it's my new favorite show. So funny, and I think I'm in love with Jim. He's so cute, why would Pam ever like Roy over Jim? (I'm still on season 2 so don't tell me if they ever get together.) Okay so next time you're at the video store and the movies are all dumb, check out the Office, so funny. Also last weekend we watched Stranger Than Fiction with Will Ferrell, I really liked that, thought it had a good message. Can you tell what we do on the weekends?




But I'm excited because this weekend is a ward bake-off (does it get any better than that?) I have a few good recipes I'm going to whip out, and then next week Liz comes to town, now there's an old friend. She's one girl I've known and been close to my entire life (well hers, I'm 6 months older). We're planning a girl's day for while she's here, I think I need a pedicure to go with my new flip-flops. Can't wait to see the whole Rutter clan, some of my favorite people. Good times, good times.

And can I just give a shout out to Gwen Stefani? I'm listening to my iPod and my new favorite song is Sweet Escape. Definitely worth downloading. Now my only bad experience at Target was trying on swim suits. Not a good idea, I think I should just stick to flip-flops, but maybe this will be enough motivation to get me back on the treadmill. Katie told me the other day she was going to try on swim suits for fun, but I can tell you my experience today was not fun, maybe funny for poor Dallas, but not fun for me. Time to get back to Weight Watchers.

7 comments:

Emily said...

So does this mean no more Wal-mart for Nancy? And when did you get an iPod?

Mandy said...

We have watched The Office for a about a year. We like it a lot. I do think that the first 2 seasons were better than this season though.
Have fun with the Rutters next week.

Katharine said...

Oh Nancy. We are OBSESSED with the Office. Its a highlight of our week. We own both seasons on DVD. I will agree with Mandy we liked the first two seasons better then this one. Although this one has had some really funny moments. Tell Liz I said hello. We all need to get together...seriously!

kelli said...

Nancy, (Hi! It's Kelli (Sullivan) Burgoyne.) I'll take your poll:
DEFINITELY no kissing before teeth brushing. If anybody is obsessed about clean breath, it's me...

You look great, by the way! And I LOVE all of your creations. The dolls you made have been my favorite so far. Have you heard of Lori Marie? She makes ones very similar.

I'll keep checking in...

Shauna Brown said...

Nancy-

I had such a great time with you in AZ. Yeah, I was real embarrassed of you in the mall with the whole Depends incident- yeah right, don't be silly!! Now I am dying right now that you just discover The Office- it really is the FUNNIEST show ever. I heart Jim for sure. He really is the cutest guy ever. I can't wait until you get to season 3. I literally fell off the couch watching 1 of the episodes. All I have to say is "ski"sons greetings!!

Shauna Brown said...

I forgot- Doug and I always get it on right when we wake-up bad breath and all. . .YEAH RIGHT!!! Not happening in the Brown household that's for sure!

Adrienne said...

I am a office ADDICT!!!! You are too late, Jim Halpurt is already my boyfriend...so sorry. Will look into flip flops I really need some new ones - thanks for the recommendation - you can't beat the price!