Thursday, March 15, 2007

Old People Are Funny

We went to the temple today for our Stake Temple Day. In our Stake there are two Sun City wards (for those of you who don't know what Sun City is, it's one of the biggest retirement communities in America-lots of old people). So anyway there were a lot of old people in the temple (more than usual). I just think they're cute and kind of funny. I fully realize that someday I will be one, but until then I can enjoy their funny quirks, without making fun, right? Anyway we were waiting at one point and I heard this old lady say to her friend, "Have you ever seen someone from the other side here before? You know, someone dead?" I kind of found this humorous, her friend said she hadn't, and then the lady said, "Me neither, not yet anyway." It's good she's looking though, I guess it's as good a place as any to see one. Just kind of reminded me of the type of comment my Aunt might say, and made me laugh a little, and think of "The Others" from Lost all at the same time, she just sort of said it in that kind of way. Then when I was in the C. Room some old lady who was wearing sunglasses came up to me and asked if I was in the Sun City West ward. I said, No, and she just said,"Oh, you look like someone I know." I thought it was a bit funny, and wondered why she was wearing sunglasses in the temple, and wondered how old did I look to her, I'm hoping she had something wrong with her eyesight, because to be in the Sun City West ward you have to be A) retired and B) old. Do I look like either? I almost told her to take her glasses off, and get a better look, and ask me again. Maybe I'm getting closer to thirty than I thought. Anyway Trav and I had a good laugh.

5 comments:

Katharine said...

Nancy that is so funny! I am sure there was somethign wrong with her eyesight...at least I hope there was! Just kidding. Gotta love older people. They are just so cute!

Mandy said...

Nancy, you should move to my ward. Half the ward is over 70. We even have a funeral committee- sad huh. I like it though because all of the old ladies tell me how cute my kid is. I hope its not because of their eyesight problems!

Jennifer said...

I can't stop laughing at the visual of somebody wearing sunglasses in the temple!!

Courtney said...

I love the "Me neither, not yet anyway." comment. I love a positive/hopeful attitude.

Shauna Brown said...

Now that's hilarious and i love that you typed the C room. Maybe she saw you leaking at the Scottsdale Mall haha!