Saturday, March 10, 2007

Old friends are best!






This weekend has been filled with some good, old friends. The very best kind! We had so much fun with Shauna Brown who is in town from Colorado. The kids and I met her at Scottsdale Fashion Square for some fun in the kiddie play area. Don't worry, I can't even fit into that mall when I try. Dallas had taken a sip of my water bottle and put it back into my bag, and then we headed toward the kiddie play area. I started to feel a little wet, but just thought to myself, "I must have gotten more wet when the kids were playing in the fountain than I thought." That was until a friendly lady ran up to me and alerted me that my bag was leaking water, and had been for the last couple hundred feet or so! I was so embarrassed, I doubt Shauna wants to take me to a ritzy mall ever again! We had fun though, and it was good to catch up with an old friend that I've reconnected with through this blog. I'm in love with her little boy Jaiden, so cute.

Then on Saturday I helped Kimber do a baby shower for Tami who is pregnant with baby number 3, a little girl. We had fun with the Wellman clan, and Tami really seemed to like her gift. I knew that she wanted a diaper bag, so I'd made her a cute one out of some pink and brown fabric. I think she really liked it. Hallie came with me and was such a good girl, I was very proud. She did a good job helping with the gifts, and eating all of the yummy treats! All in all we had a fun weekend connecting with some good, old friends. Who's coming to town next?

8 comments:

Jennifer said...

Yum, those look like some of the best shower treats I've ever seen. I wish I was coming to AZ sometime in the near future!

Mandy said...

I am coming in April.

Courtney said...

The bag turned out really cute - of course she loved it! The desserts are very fancy looking. Did you make them?

Becky said...

What a fun weekend! What's the name of the cutie-pie on Kimber's lap? So cute. Love the diaper bag. Did you get a pic of the blanket on Tami's lap?

Emily said...

Nancy, you look great. So does Tami. So does Kimber, so does your bag, and so do those desserts.

When I lived right by Fashion Square, I used to go at least once a week to get out of the house, and after the first week or so I just didn't care if I was all dolled up to shop with the Ladies of Leisure and the rich folk of Scottsdale. I also learned that you get admiring looks there if your children are wearing matching shirts.

Nancy said...

The cutie Pie on Kimber's lap is her little girl, Tyler, she's a doll. I didn't make the desserts, Kimber's mom ordered them from Pam Bennett (the one who did all of our wedding cakes) apparently she opened a store now, I'll have to check it out sometime. They were yummy and I ate too many. Sorry Beck, no pics of Tami's blanket.

Adrienne said...

Ok, I want to jump in that photo and eat those desserts - they are so beautiful!!! You are right old friends are the best :)

love.boxes said...

The bag is darling!!!