Thursday, February 22, 2007

TV Junkie?






I might be considered a TV Junkie by some, unless you watch just as much as I do, then I would be normal. Problem is I watch the most TV of my siblings (except Angela maybe) so in my mind, and I'm sure in theirs I'm a bit of a TV Junkie. One of my biggest obsessions is of course American Idol. I'm so excited because I really like the part they are into now where there are really talented people doing their thing. I don't get into the mean let's make fun of the bad singers and overall dregs of society part. So at first I was thinking that this was a bit of an interesting group this time, and not a ton of talent, but I've got a few early favorites that I'm way excited about. The first one I'm excited about is Blake, the be-bop guy. Only on Tuesday he didn't even be-bop, he sang. And man oh man he's the best by far of all the guys. At least in my mind. He was the only guy that I thought even sounded remotely professional. We'll see if he can keep it up. And my favorite girl was of course LaKisha. She rocked the house. And I have to give props to our own Arizona Idol, Jordin. She's so cute. Okay so maybe you're not all into American Idol like I am, but that's okay. My husband is among the non believers, and so totally doesn't get the phenomenon, so if I can still love him, I can love you too.

In other TV news I'd just like to say that my three other favorites, Gilmore Girls, Lost and Grey's Anatomy are all having great story lines right now. There's no way they are killing off Meredith, the show is named after her for crying out loud. My guess is she'll be in some kind of a coma until the end of sweeps or something. I'm very entertained on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, but what about Monday and Friday? I guess I'll just have to get a life.

Okay that's it for my TV talk, I promise to have some more interesting things next time. I just got some new fabric in the mail today that I'm very excited about. I'm finally making a new bag for myself (I haven't done that since last summer) so we'll see how it turns out. Oh, and Laura, I'm getting to yours soon, I promise. And speaking of Laura and Dawn I'm proclaiming you two the official winners of the cupcake contest, and will be finishing your prizes shortly. I know you can't wait! P.S. Does anyone have any ideas for my next contest?

11 comments:

Jennifer said...

I find TV talk plenty interesting! I'm enjoying Idol too. I have 24 to watch on Mondays, but I agree that there is nothing on Fridays. I guess people actually leave the house on Friday nights? I wouldn't know since I'm always at home!

Katharine said...

Oh girls...I too am an AI fanatic. I even converted my husband to watching it with me...although I don't think he takes nearly as much pleaseure in it as I do. He mostly checks ESPN while we are watching but at least he is sitting with me right? I totally agree with you Nancy about Lakesah and Jordan I really like them both. The boys were a major dissapointment. I hope they step it up next week. Some of the girls that I thought would be good really let me down too. They all need to "take it to the next level." Anyway, other TV favs...Amazing Race: All Stars, What About Brian (monday nights- although latley its been not so great)! Lets keep discussing AI because I don't have any friends here who love it as much as I do.

Laura said...

Nancy, I love Lost too and Is Gilmore Girls really good anymore? I haven't watched in years. I wouldn't say I am a TV junkie, but Lost is awesome!I can't wait to see the cupcake prize. It was so fun to create something so gourmet! I think your next contest should be the best salad dressing. I love new dressing recipes.

Courtney said...

I have 3 weeks of Lost on my dvr set to watch. I guess if the storyline is really that great I should actually watch them. We like What About Brian and Studio 60 on Monday nights. I can't think of anything on Fridays - Men In Trees was my Friday show and they moved it to Thursday.

Mandy said...

I like AI as well and am impressed you already remember names. I just know them by what they look like. I agree with What About Brian as well- good show.

Nancy said...

You guys are cracking me up! I totally thought everyone would overlook this post, but I see I'm not the only one. I hit What about Brian every now and then, but I'm not hooked. Okay could we all just live in the same state so we could have an AI party! Remember the good old days? What fun we had. I would love to have you all over, but instead we'll just have to have a cyber party! I miss you guys!

Angela said...

Here's the thing. I do watch a lot of TV, but I don't have any show's I watch regularly. Mostly I'm a channel fliper and it drives Brian crazy!

Lori said...

You old pal Lindsey Smyth sent your blog link my way. I've enjoyed reading it. You make cute things and it is nice to know somone else feels the same way about crafty blogs. I was so nervous to start mine because it does not compare to Heather Bailey's or Anna Marie Horner's, but I'm feeling more comfortable with all of it.

Oh, and I am addicted to TV, too. :) Nothing better than handstitching on the couch. ;)

Shauna Brown said...

Okay, I admit, I'm in agreement with Lost and Grey's. I watch AI occasionally, but Doug is just like Travis when it comes to it- not a huge fan. Now Gilmore Girls, I have never gotten into. I think it's the way they talk. A lot of people like it, but me, not so much. I just love Jack. I want to be marked just so he can rub aloe on my back!!! I want to see you for sure when I come to AZ. I'm there the 6-12. Let's get together!!

Emily said...

Friday night: 1 vs 100. No?

Becky said...

Nancy, you can count on me for some Idol Analysis seeing as how I watch it with all my kids and my spouse every week. Thank heavens for DVR so we can fast forward commercials! Blake really impressed me as did about 4 of the women. I love a good singing competition! Whats up with Sinjaey being number 4?? He must be getting a following, but its not for his voice, poor kid.
As for Friday nights, if Richie and I are home and the kids are in bed we watch What Not to Wear. Love a good makeover show :)