Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Pretty girls, Purses and Pirates




I've been busy today working on a diaper bag for Mandy's cousin Erin whom I've never met. She seems like a nice girl though, and so I was happy to make one for her. I've gotten to the point with my bags though where it's really only worth it to me to make them for friends and family. I say that, but have yet to turn down business, I have a hard time saying no, and who couldn't use the extra money? Anyway I don't make them much for myself anymore, I think I've moved on. To what I don't know though. The doll making is a lot harder than it looks, and I don't know if I'm that good at it; so I think I'm interested in trying to make a cute apron (think Anthropoligie). (I have a tendency for run on sentences, always have, and probably always will; do I do that out loud too? My senior year my AP English teacher was big on semi colons, and so I think they are great and a good way to extend a run on. I really didn't do too well in my editing classes at BYU!) Enough of that tangent. Anyway so I'm going to attempt an apron next week. I'll let you know how it goes.


This is the picture of my cute family: from left to right My Mom, Me, Katie (holding Truman), Becky (holding Sophie) and Angela. This is the secret photo we took at the gem show, but you can't even see the beads in the background, so definitely not worth the jail time. Ange- I think you'd do the time anyway, I had nothing to do with it. The next picture is Erin's bag that I just finished. She picked out the fabric at my favorite jcarolinecreative.com, and I think it's cute. It's always interesting to see what everyone else chooses as far as fabric choices. Only once have I really cringed, and almost refused to make a bag, but I did it anyway and hoped no one would see it as an example of my work. Don't worry, it was none of you who chose the fabric.


The last picture really has nothing much to do with my blog, but had to add it because I loved it so much. Yesterday was my nephew Sam's 4th birthday, and my mom being the Martha that she is made this cute pirate cake. I thought it was so good it deserved to be in pictures, and so I took one. I can vividly remember the fun cakes my mom used to make for us on our birthdays. My favorite in my memory was a Strawberry Shortcake one that she made for me that I'm pretty sure Strawberry had licorice hair on. Yum. My mom is the best, I strive everyday to be that kind of mom, thanks mom. I love you.

10 comments:

Mandy said...

Nancy, cute bag. I just called Erin to tell her how cute it is. She is excited.

Adrienne said...

Nancy,
You make the cutest bags! I just love them! I also have fond memories of a Strawberry Shortcake birthday cake, but mine did not have licorice hair - lucky!

Angela said...

If you ask me, Stephanie should get the jail time. I'm in the picture, so clearly didn't do the actual taking of the photograph.

Angela said...

I found this apron tutorial, thought you might like it.
http://adornmag.com/webexclusives-apron.php

Emily said...

You're the run-on queen!

Jennifer said...

You are so darn crafty Nancy! I can't wait to see your apron!

Emily said...

Looking at that picture of your mom, I think Norah looks a lot like her. She looks like both of her grandmas, I think.

Shauna Brown said...

I think I want to get pregnant just so I can get one of your diaper bags. SOOOOOOOOOOO ADORABLE! Your family is so dang cute. I love your Starwberry Shortcake memory! I got a SS bike for Christmas one year and it is still my favorite.

Katie said...

Nancy, you are just oozing with talent. Where do you find the time? Loved the bead show. I'm already wanting to go back. Next time I'll have some projects in mind so I'll be ready and not just totally overwhelmed.

Becky said...

I'm with Katie! I know just what I would get next time (Princess Di Bling Braclette, larimare pendent, etc). I'm dreaming of next year. . .literally, I dream about jewlery! Love my ring and I wear it all the time.