Friday, January 26, 2007

Mommy's Day Out





Today we planned and had a "Mom's Lunch." I know that most people call these kind of dates play dates for the kids, but who are we kidding, they are totally for the moms. It was so fun because many of the girls there are friends I only see every so often. It was so much fun to catch up with Toria, Tami and Kimber, (you too Steph, Dawn, Court and Dusty, but you guys I see all the time). I feel so blessed in my life to have such amazing life long friends. I don't know very many other people who stay in touch so well, and I couldn't imagine my life without you all. I helped to plan this little get together, but unbeknownst to me they turned this into a pre-birthday lunch for me and my upcoming birthday. Thanks girls! Toria, I especially appreciated the cake, it's so cute, and I'm entering you into my cupcake competition as my first participant. You just might win the prize if no one else enters. Come on girls! Get baking, I promise I'll have a good prize, and this needs to be the first of many competitions in the future.


So I tried the coconut cupcakes that I posted the recipe for. They were yummy. I even got my Kitchen Aid out. You know the one I "had to have" for my wedding. Yes this same one rarely sees the light of day, I think I've only used it a handful of times, but it worked quite nicely. The only thing I did that wasn't very Martha Stewarty was yell at Hallie for dumping the eggs into my pre-sifted dry ingredients. Maybe that is more Martha Stewarty than I think, she has a reputation for being a little mean. Don't worry I followed up with an apology. I need to learn to control my reactions when things don't go quite as planned. Even though the eggs went in a little prematurely the cupcakes still turned out well. I won't be making these very often though because they are incredibly fattening, but fun for a special occasion like lunch at Stephs. I think my next competition should be for a healthy smoothie so I won't feel the guilt! Treadmill I'll see you in the morning.

6 comments:

Courtney said...

Lunch was fun. Thanks for letting me come even though I am to old to be part of the "oringal" group. Just pretend I am Mandy at these functions.

Emily said...

I almost didn't recognize Tami. Does Toria still live in CA?

Mandy said...

I really wish I lived in AZ and that Court would stop trying to take all of my friends! =)

Nancy said...

In reply to Emily, Toria lives in Boston right now where John her husband is at MIT, did you know he's a rocket scientist? I like to tell people that. Also FYI, Toria, Tami and Kimber are all pregnant!

Shauna Brown said...

How fun!! Can you say jealous of the whole short sleeve shirts in AZ!!! When is your b-day??

Becky said...

Can I just tell you how gorgeous all you girls are! I love to see beautiful strong women who are choosing motherhood--it gives me hope for this crazy world. So I'm giving a shout out to you fine women: Whoo-hoo! Go moms!