Monday, January 29, 2007

Key Chain Love



I've had the same key chain on my keys for at least two years now, and the sad little thing was really on it's last leg. So I threw it away. I have to admit I was a little sad to see it go, and my keys looked boorishly naked without it. So of course I decided I should make a new one. My mantra lately has been to use what I already have for my craft projects. Sadly too much of my husband's hard earned income has found it's way to JO Ann's Craft store. Really I spend way too much time and money there. Four year old boys probably shouldn't know their way around craft stores the way my son does. Anyway this is somewhat similar to the one I had before in the fact that it has my initial on it, and the fabric should look a little familiar, (Sophie doll) but I think it turned out cute. For those of you who think I spend too much time making funny little things, you're probably right, but that's the way my mind works. Better this than the TV I think, and the treadmill was less inviting. Speaking of treadmills, today I went for an "annual exam" and proudly marked the box that said, "exercises on a regular basis." It's really been too long on that one. Now if I could only figure out how to get a good workout from my sewing machine . . .

5 comments:

Shauna Brown said...

That is the cutest key ring ever!! I think it would look really cute with a big S on it haha!!

Courtney said...

very cute. it always makes it esier to find keys when you have a fun keyring too.

Laura said...

I love your keyring. I have found a recipe for cupcakes and I am hoping to try it out tomorrow. I think you will like it because coconut is involved. Love your ambitions. Keep it up!

Shauna Brown said...

Hey girl, guess what. . . I just booked a trip to AZ and would LOVE to see you. I'll be there from March 6-12. I really can't wait. It's so dang cold here I need some warmth in my life. I'll be staying in Chandler, so let's get together for sure.

Shauna Brown said...

It's me again, I really do have a life outside the blogging world. Anyways, my friend just posted this frosting recipe so I thought I would pass it on to you.

1 (6-oz) pkg instant chocolate, vanilla or any flavor of pudding you want your frosting to be
1 tsp vanilla
1 c. cold milk
1/3 c. powdered sugar

Mix all ingredients with a mixer. Add 1 (8 oz) container Cool Whip. Stir until all blended. It's more of a pudding consistency.