Sunday, January 14, 2007

CTR Bear






Travis and I were newly called to team teach Dallas' primary class. Last week was our first week with these eight, four-year-olds, and I wanted to make a good impression. So knowing me I made a lot of visual aids, and one of them was this CTR Bear. Since they are no longer Sunbeams the lessons seem to make a big deal out of CTR, so I decided to make a mascot. We played a game where we gave them situations that they would need to Choose The Right in and they had CTR bear swoop in and save the day. The kids really liked him, and when we asked them today, "What did we talk about last Sunday?" of course they answered, "CTR Bear!" At least they remembered something. Anyway if anyone else is teaching these lessons he was very simple to make. Just a little felt, a hot glue gun, an old Teddy Bear, and you're on your way. The only problem I have found is that both of my kids really like him, and subsequently fight over him a lot. Ironic? Maybe.


I said in my last post that I was going to try to put up recipes, so I'm going to tell you what we had for dinner tonight. "Travis' Tiger Tacos." Funny name, but they were called "Tony's Tiger Tacos" when Courtney gave me the recipe (thanks Court, we really like them) so we changed them to Travis to fit our family. Feel free to change the name to fit yours. These are easy, yummy and good for a crowd.


Travis' Tiger Tacos

1 small chuck roast (I like this best, but you could use chicken or pork too)

1 can diced green chiles

1 package dry taco seasoning

1/4 cup salsa

1/2 cup water


put meat and "sauce" into crock pot and cook on high 3-5 hours (or longer on low). The longer you cook it the easier it is to shred (it should basically fall apart). You can even start with frozen meat. The great thing is you put this in before church on Sunday or in the early afternoon any other day and let it cook and forget about it. They are yummy, enjoy!


I'll spare you a picture, since certain "friends" made fun of my beef with broccoli pictures. It probably tastes better than it looks anyway.


I added a few pictures for Shauna of the "kiddies" I know the one is obviously from Christmas, but I find it so sweet. So here they are, my little kids are growing up so fast! Dallas is 4 and Hallie is 3 they keep me busy, but they are a lot of fun and very sweet. Happy Sunday!

5 comments:

Shauna Brown said...

You are a blog pro already and thanks for the pics of your kiddies. They are ADORABLE!!! I just got back to CO, having been gone for 3 weeks, so I really need to go grocery shopping and I'm going to try that recipe for sure. I'm straved right now. I think it's some mac and cheese for me since our pantry is looking pretty sad. Obviously, I'm blogging when I should be cleaning- taking down my Christmas decorations. Oh well. Great idea with the CTR bear. Do you think that will work in YW??

LAURA said...

I'll have to try the recipe, sounds yummy. Cute CTR bear, that is a really good idea, maybe I'll make one for sharing time!

Shauna Brown said...

I made the tacos tonight and they were delicious- thanks!! Keep posting recipes because my goal is to try a new recipe each week.

Becky said...

Nancy, Those kids are lucky to have you. They're going to remember CTR Bear for years and brag about how cool their primary teacher was to their own kids someday!

Becky said...

Nancy, I love love love your blog. The only thing is that we need MORE of you. I need at least three entries a week, even if they're short with no pics or recipes. Just hope on there and give me some insights into your life! Thanks Becky :)