Monday, January 22, 2007

Crazy Ladies







What do you get when you take four crazy ladies, subtract children and husbands, and add California with lots of Sprinkles? A fun filled girl's weekend with my crazy ladies. Now I used to tell people that I was a girl, not a lady, that sounded too old; but seeing how I really am old now I suppose the "ladies" part really does apply.




On Friday Stephanie, Dawn and I hopped into Steph's cool new car and headed to California. We had a quick stop at the outlets in Palm Springs, and then it was on to Liz's house for a much deserved Girl's Weekend. We had so much fun in the car on the way there that it didn't really even matter where we were headed, but we had even more fun once we got there.




Friday night we headed to the Cheesecake factory (our favorite) for salads and cheesecake. Then if was off to the mall for shopping, manicures and pedicures. Sounds cliche maybe, we're not exactly overly adventurous, but it was very fun and relaxing. Then Saturday was more shopping, and more eating. Did you know they have a cafe in Nordstrom? I told the girls this shows you just how much I really do shop at Wal-Mart and Target, I've never before eaten in a Nordstrom Cafe, but I did on Saturday, and it was very luxurious.




After we were done shopping we headed to Sprinkles, a cupcake bakery. Could we get more hip? Anyway we waited in the line that went out the door to pay way too much money for really yummy cupcakes. My favorite was the coconut, but I really couldn't say that any of them were bad. After cupcakes we headed to Laguna Beach for our own episode of the MTV reality show. It's just as amazing in person. We valeted it at Las Brisas and had a romantic dinner (minus the romantic part) overlooking the ocean.




It was fun girls, a memory I'll cherish, and hope to recreate yearly, maybe we'll invite the husbands one of these days. I left out all of the gossip and funny stuff to protect the innocent, but needless to say I haven't laughed so hard in a really long time. I'm trying to catch up on my sleep and save some money so I can be ready for next time!

7 comments:

Courtney said...

Your post made me homesick for Orange County. Luckily we have a Sprinkles opening locally so we won't have to drive all that way for an overpriced cupcake.

Sounds like fun and you all look better than ever in the pics.

Mandy said...

So sad I missed the trip. Looks like fun. I think I deserve to hear the gossip and stories!

Nancy said...

Give me a call Mandy, we're thinking about Palm Springs in May, so pack your bags baby! P.S. you and Courtney are quick commenters, I love it!

Emily said...

You're seriously four very cute friends. And Mandy makes five who are cute. Mandy, we had dinner with your old T-bird cheerleading buddy, Robbi, and her boyfriend. She asked about you.

Angela said...

Oh man, I need to get out of Utah. A warm, sunny day sounds perfect. Good thing I'm coming to AZ in a week! Court, will that "Sprinkles" be open in time for my visit?

Laura said...

You guys are so cute. I would love to go to one of those sprinkles place. We have a place called CakeLove here that is way over priced too, but tasty. Cutest pictures!

Shauna Brown said...

I am dying right now!!! First of all, I LOVE that you went to Las Brisas!!! Is it not the BEST ever! Everything there is delicious and the view- to die for!! Also Sprinkles- you are so hip! I haven't even been there yet. You made me so homesick since I just got back from there- yeah I was home for 3 weeks and now I'm back to the freezing cold- YUCK! You look HOT and I love all those blondes- too cute!!