Saturday, January 13, 2007

Ambitions Thus Far








So, I've been wanting to start a blog for awhile. I've decided that I spend too much of my time reading other people's blogs and thinking of what I'd do if I had one (even going so far as taking pictures for this imaginary blog -dumb I know). So instead of writing these blog entries in my head I decided to send them off into cyberspace. So here we are; me and My Blonde Ambitions. So I have been thinking of a blog name for a while now too, and this morning as I was looking in the mirror at my very, very new blonde hairdo (thanks to Leisel the great) I decided upon My Blonde Ambitons, and here we are!




I've been mostly interested in Craft Blogs, okay obsessed with them is probably a better way to put it. But, I put off creating my own because I didn't think mine would measure up, then I finally decided who cares if it measures up or not. I had a crafty type name in mind, but decided this would be more than a craft blog, my hopes are that it's a: craft/cooking/sewing/parenting/travel log/health tips (a bit far fetched I know, but refer back to the ambitious part of my title)/ramblings from my head/etc. etc. Basically I didn't want to limit it, because you know my ambitions are limitless right? Anyway so here I am.




So what have I been up to lately? (I know you've all been dying to find out what is going on in my rock star life that I am leading). Aside from miserably failing at potty training my already three year old daughter, I have been sewing. I just completed an order for a woman who is having two great grandchildren and wanted "lots of stuff" for them. So I made two diaper bags, two nursery paintings, two baby blankets, two binki holder/burp cloth things and ten burp cloths. It took a while, but I think it all turned out very well. You be the judge.




So... expect a lot from me, and every now and then pretend you're interested, just to humor me. You know check in on me from time to time to keep me on my toes. Make lots of comments, but please be nice, and although I graduated in journalism and took many editing classes, that was two children, 50 million brain cells, and a life time ago, so no editing please!

10 comments:

Courtney said...

Love the new blog - you are an inspiration to us all.

Laura said...

Nanc, I love it. Welcome to the world of blogging. I love all of your many talents that you have shared.

Emily said...

Oh, you fixed it. Great! You are definitely talented and make a lot of cute stuff. It will be fun to read your blog.

Who's your patron with lots of money? Someone I know perhaps?

Shauna Brown said...

Nancy-

I just wrote the longest comment to you and poof, it's gone! I am so excited you found my blog- yeah! Are you still in AZ?? You are quite the inspiration- Miss Talented and mother of 2- what is that about?? I can't wait to see all of your posts and please, I need pics of the kiddies. By the way, I am so glad you saw my JT post!! I love him! You really need to go to his concert, it's amazing!!

Austin said...

Nancy I was going to be the first to comment on this, but my stupid account wouldn't work for some reason. Anyway, welcome to the Blogosphere, I'll be back often.

Austin said...

Hey, and I want on your list of friends who blog.
amildsnafusis.blogspot.com

Austin said...

thanks.

Angela said...

Way to go Nanc! The blog is looking great. You deffinitly measure up! Maybe one of these days I'll join you in the blog world. Although, I'm about to dye my hair dark brown, so I don't know that I'll have any blonde ambitions...

Nancy said...

Hey Aus, didn't know you still blogged, last time I read your blog it was still about a pink elephant dream or something, don't worry, I'll add it! Emily, of course you know my wealthy patron, take one guess and you're probably right. -Nancy

Sandra said...

Oh my goodness all this "stuff" is so cute and you made it all. I can't believe it. No, I can believe it. You are one talented lady! Sewing is not my strong suite so I applaud you.